Courses of study, certificate courses and seminars in cooperation with Fraunhofer Institutes and universities
Fraunhofer is Europe's largest application-oriented research organization.
Its research activities are conducted by 67 institutes and research units at locations throughout Germany. The Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft employs some 24,000 people, who work with an annual research budget totaling more than 2.1 billion euros. Of this sum, more than 1.8 billion euros is generated through contract research.
Fraunhofer's core task is to carry out research of practical utility in close cooperation with its customers from industry and the public sector. In this way, the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft shapes the innovation process in Germany and drives forward the development of key technologies.
The Fraunhofer Academy is the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft's specialist provider of continuing education and part-time training for people in employment.
The Fraunhofer Academy was founded in 2006 in response to the German government's Pact for Research and Innovation. This led to the creation by Fraunhofer of a special unit dedicated to continuing education, with the aim of promoting the transfer of knowledge between research and industry.
Through a range of training programs, the Fraunhofer Academy passes current Fraunhofer Institutes' research knowledge and expertise on to private sector business enterprises seeking to provide their employees with the best possible qualifications. After all, applied research is useful only if new research finds its way into industry and is then turned into innovations. This is the only way companies can remain competitive in the global market.
In cooperation with renowned partners and partner universities, the Fraunhofer Academy offers part-time study programs, certificate courses and multi-day seminars. The Fraunhofer Academy's continuing education portfolio is divided into five topic areas:
- Technology and Innovation
- Energy and Sustainability
- Information and Communication
- Manufacturing and Testing Technology
- Logistics and Production.
Create the foundation for your next career move!
Web content available in:
Products & services
Internationally known quality management system
- ASIIN accreditation
- ACQUIN accreditation (ACQUIN: Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute)
- AZAV (Certified under the German approval and accreditation regulations for vocational training)
- European Space Agency
Services are already offered in
Services can be offered in the following languages
Internationally known certifications/memberships
- University of Kassel
- University of Freiburg
Branch offices abroad
- Fraunhofer Representative Offices in different countries
- Learning to handle new technology and new techniques is an essential part of the innovation process. The Fraunhofer Academy understands that it takes real expertise to channel the innovative potential of research findings into a company's day-to-day operations.
- The Fraunhofer Academy works together with prestigious partners to make sure specialists and managers have the qualifications they need. Established by the Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft to provide part-time training, it offers a unique opportunity for specialists and managers to transfer knowledge from Fraunhofer research projects directly into their own company.