iMOVE is an initiative of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF). iMOVE belongs to the "International Vocational Education and Training" department of the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB).
Data protection and data processing
We take the protection of your privacy when processing personal data very seriously. We process personal data that are collected when visiting our website in accordance with the statutory provisions. Our website may contain links to websites operated by other providers which are not covered by this data protection policy.
What are personal data?
According to the General Data Protection Regulation, data are personal if they are or can be allocated to an identified natural person so that the person can be identified by the data. This includes information that enables the person's identity to be traced (e.g. name, telephone number or email address).
Processing user data for web statistics
We want to make our website as pleasant and convenient as possible for you. It is therefore very helpful to evaluate statistical data regarding use and to collate various technical details about our visitors' internet browsers and computers.
Data are generally stored and analysed in a pseudonymised form and on a central server that is operated by BIBB. Of course, you can object to your data being collected. This objection is very easy and can be carried out with just one click.
More information on the collected data and the possibilities for objection can be found in the section headed "Data Collection Statement".
Personalised services include for example registering for an event, subscribing to the newsletter, ordering publications, using contact forms, registering for the supplier database and making entries in the cooperation forum.
If you have decided to use a personalised service, the required data you have provided are stored. These data are usually your email address, surname, forename and further data depending on the type of the offer. Your information is only used to provide the service you have required to your satisfaction and to enable us to respond to queries. If you no longer wish to use a personalised service, your personal data are erased after you unsubscribe if subscription is required for the use of the service.
If you wish to unsubscribe from a personalised service, please use the function provided for this on the website. Alternatively, you can also contact iMOVE at BIBB by email (in English or German). You can also unsubscribe from newsletters via the link at the bottom of the newsletter.
For selected services, your personal data are processed and stored on the systems of bringe Informationstechnik GmbH in Karlsruhe, Germany, in the context of contract data processing.
Embedding social media
We have integrated links to Twitter, Facebook, Xing and LinkedIn in the footer of our website.
Clicking on these links opens the external provider's website in a new window as a split screen. The click is counted and is collected for the purpose of web analytics. By counting the number of clicks, it is possible to determine whether and how the social media buttons in the footer are used. No personal data are disclosed.
You have the right to obtain information at any time about the data stored regarding you, the origin of this data and the purpose of the storage. Upon request, we provide you with written information in accordance with applicable law as to whether and which personal data concerning you are stored by us. If inaccurate information is stored despite our best endeavours, we will rectify this data upon request.
You have the following rights against the controller regarding the personal data concerning you:
- Right of access, Article 15 General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Right to rectification, Article 16 GDPR
- Right to rectification and erasure, Article 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing, Article 18 GDPR
- Right to data portability, Article 20 GDPR
- Right to object to collection, processing and / or use, Article 21 GDPR
If personal data are processed on the basis of your consent (Article 6 (1) GDPR), you may revoke such consent for the respective purpose at any time. The lawfulness of processing based on your consent remains unaffected until your revocation has been received.
Safeguarding my rights in relation to personal data stored by iMOVE at BIBB, email.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authorities (Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information).
You can also contact the BIBB data protection officer if you have any queries, for information and with any complaints:
Bernd Fahr, BIBB contact form (English, German), telephone: +49 228 107-1713.
We implement technical and organisational security measures to protect your data from accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorised persons. Our security measures are continually improved according to technological development.
Your personal data are only transferred to State institutions and authorities when required by law or for prosecution as a result of attacks on our network infrastructure. There will be no other transfer to third parties for any other purposes.
Latest update: May 2019
Data collection statement
Objection to the collection of user data for web statistics
We use the web analytics program Matomo for statistical data collection in the Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BIBB).
You can object to data collection by Matomo in the following ways:
- Activate the "do not track" setting in your browser. If this setting is activated, Matomo will not store any data from you. NB: The do not track instruction generally only applies to the specific device and browser in which you activate the setting. If you use several devices / browsers, you will need to activate do not track on all of these.
- Use our opt-out function. Click on the following checkbox to stop or reauthorise data collection. If this checkbox is deactivated, Matomo will not store any data from you. NB: For the opt-out, we need to store a special identification cookie in your browser. If you delete this cookie or use another PC / browser, you will need to object to data collection on this website again.
Data collected by Matomo
Unless you have objected, the following data are recorded by Matomo and included in the usage statistics:
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses - anonymised by truncating.
- Cookies - to differentiate between various visitors.
- Previously visited Uniform Resource Locator (URL) (referrer) if transferred by the browser.
- Name and version of the operating system.
- Name, version, country of origin and language setting of the browser.
- URLs visited on this website.
- Time of visit to the page.
- Amount of time spent on individual websites.
- Type of Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) queries.
- Screen resolution and colour depth.
- Techniques and formats supported by the browser (for example: cookies, Java, Flash, PDF, WindowsMedia, QuickTime, Realplayer, Director, SilverLight, Google Gears)
We identify and store the state from which the site was accessed from the IP address space you used using the freely available database "GeoIP". We do not determine whether you access our website using your own connection, a Virtual Private Network (VPN) or an anonymisation service. Whether the IP address we acquire belongs to a VPN or an anonymisation service or is one you have used for internet access depends on the VPN or anonymisation service you use. iMOVE at BIBB uses no other techniques to determine or verify your actual IP address.
iMOVE at BIBB evaluates these data solely for statistical purposes (web statistics) in order to improve the iMOVE at BIBB website. Data for web statistics are collected anonymously (with truncated IP addresses) and cannot be allocated to any specific person.
Data collected by server statistics
- The website can be used without any personal data being logged. However, with any visit to a website, data that your browser transfers to our server are logged. This information is:
- Type and version of your internet browser.
- The operating system used.
- The accessed website.
- The website visited before (Referrer Uniform Resource Locator (URL)).
- Time of the server request.
Data collected by applications
For technical reasons, our servers and applications store personal connection details in their log files when you access our website. However these data are only used for the direct provision of our services, troubleshooting or to defend attacks and are erased after a short period.
The following data are stored temporarily:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address.
- Date and time of your access to the website.
- Address of the website visited.
- Address of the website visited previously (referrer).
- Name and version of your browser / operating system (if transferred).
Personal data are only stored if you have provided such data yourself, for example by contacting iMOVE at BIBB using the contact form, registering for an event or ordering publications. The transfer of personal data is encrypted using a state of the art procedure (Secure Sockets Layer - SSL).
Two session cookies are used on the iMOVE at BIBB website. The cookies are valid for the current browser session and are deleted when the browser is closed.
You can configure your browser settings according to your wishes and for example refuse to accept cookies. Please note that you may then not be able to use all functions of this website.
Surveys and empirical studies
The data collected by iMOVE at BIBB in surveys and as part of empirical studies are treated confidentially and are only used for the specified purpose. When data is collected online, the details are transferred in an encrypted form (Secure Sockets Layer - SSL). Only anonymised data sets are used for assessments so that it is not possible to trace any individual study participants.
Use and transfer of personal data and purpose limitation
We only use your personal data for the purposes specified in the survey. Your data will not be disclosed to third parties without your express consent.
Latest update: May 2019